[WSIS CS-Plenary] using the movies : 'Before the Horse' and 'After the Fact'

Wesley Shrum shrum at lsu.edu
Thu Dec 15 17:48:31 GMT 2005

Greetings, again about these movies.

I'm receiving a good many requests (that will be honored), but I am a little
apprehensive about one thing.  Some have said they want to use them in
classes, which I think is fine.  There is also some wish to use these for
'training' and 'promotion' and this makes me, well, I'm really not too sure
what to think, or whether that would be a good idea in some sense.

These are, let's say, 'scholarly' or 'academic' movies (hopefully also
entertaining, but you are a better judge of that!).  It is nice if someone
else finds them interesting, but 'promotion' takes me slightly aback.

Obviously, once I send them, I have no control over what happens, so all I'm
doing is raising a question.

Wes