[WSIS CS-Plenary] 'Before the Horse' and 'After the Fact'

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Thu Dec 15 23:41:32 GMT 2005

Dear Wesley
I'd be interested to get a copy of your CD, especially becauuse I didn't attend the Tunis Summit for some "ethical reasons". Many thanks in advance !
Jean-Louis Fullsack
President CSDPTT (www.csdptt.org)
e-mail : jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
'

> Message du 15/12/05 01:20
> De : "Wesley Shrum"
> A : plenary at wsis-cs.org
> Copie à :
> Objet : [WSIS CS-Plenary] 'Before the Horse' and 'After the Fact'

We have a couple of movies made for WSIS available on DVD (no charge) if anyone would like a copy (I’ll put them on one DVD before I duplicate this).

One was a movie (20 min) some of you might have seen at CERN or the IFIP event for the Geneva phase called “Before the Horse” (as in, ‘don’t put the cart before the horse’).  It’s about the problems of establishing connectivity in India, Ghana, and Kenya at some research institutes and university faculties.  The second, “After the Fact,” is the follow-up we promised for Tunis, screened at the side event (“Past, Present, and Future of Research in the Information Society” and the exhibition itself).  It deals with problems of maintenance and connectivity in the African context.

Just send me your name & address & I’ll send you a copy.

All the best,

Wes Shrum
Professor of Sociology
Louisiana State University