[wsishealth-and-ict] RE: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [Pwd] missing the larger picture-almost final version 4.3 of WSIS CS statement

Respectful_Interfaces at att.net Respectful_Interfaces at att.net
Thu Dec 22 02:27:13 GMT 2005

Dear Elizabeth:

Thank you for furthering the discussion on several issues relating to 'ultimate beneficiaries' (figuratively construed) of Information and Communication Technologies [ICTs] as addressed in these contexts.  A few questions, below.

Elizabeth shares:
> Dear Linda and all,

 [ here marked A]  > As stated in our paragraphs what is meant is access to scientific information and knowledge by consumers and health professionals.   [underline added].

LDMF note: This then as described would and will be "to the max" ICT-4-LL,  a policy to which most agree though  resources for actually so implementing are very much of concern..  .

[ here marked as B]   > I was not referring to individual physical and mental health records, which is addressed in the privacy paragraph we submitted for the health section.

LDMF note:  This seems very controversial.

 [here marked as C]  > The access would be made possible via ICT which would need to be supported by the allocation of government and other community resources..

LDMF note:  Does this apply to A. or to B. or both?

Thanking you most appreciatively,  Dr. Linda. D. Misek-Falkoff.
Respectful Interfaces.