[wsishealth-and-ict] RE: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [Pwd] missing the larger picture-almost final version 4.3 of WSIS CS statement

Elizabeth Carll, PhD ecarll at optonline.net
Thu Dec 22 03:45:31 GMT 2005

Linda and all,

Privacy of physical and mental health records should not be controversial but a human right.  No one would want government or other any unauthorized entity or person having access to sensitive information.

ICT resources, whether funding from government, community, or private sector, would apply in all health areas such as telemedicine, education, general knowledge, etc.

Elizabeth

Dr. Elizabeth Carll
International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies;
UN NGO Committee on Mental Health;
Communications Coordination Committee for the UN
Health and ICT Working Group