[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Netizens expose scientific fraud in South Korea

Ronda ronda.netizen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 17:49:00 GMT 2005

Hi All

It is important to learn from pioneerng examples of internet use.
This provides a way of learning the potential of the internet and the
netizen and building on the pioneering developments.

South Korea has one of the highest percentages of broadband access in
the world at present. Hence, it is helpful to learn what the potential
for democracy is when one has a large percentage of the population
with broadband Internet access.

On 12/30/05, David Allen <David_Allen_AB63 at post.harvard.edu> wrote:

>The/A useful point here, I think, is that for some these may >just be
 tools, not indicia of group membership in >cyberspace - particularly
after some maturing of the medium >when there is less a sense of
pioneering.  Yes, those tools >may make possible that which previously
 >was not.  But that is not pertinent to the question of felt >group
membership, on its face anyway.

Actually there is something to learn I feel. There are many forms of
interactive forums available to netizens in South Korea. The fact that
there are varied forms of online forums, blogs, online newspapers etc.
along with the fact that most of these have interactive capability
does provide something it would be good to see spread elswhere as
well.

cheers

Ronda

--
Netizens:On the History and Impact of Usenet and the Internet
http://www.columbia.edu/~hauben/netbook

http://www.ais.org/~jrh/netizens.news