[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Netizens expose scientific fraud in South Korea

Ronda ronda.netizen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 21:22:43 GMT 2005

On 12/31/05, Taran Rampersad <cnd at knowprose.com> wrote:

> So the issue is not that of maturing of the medium, but >rather maturing of the people who use the medium. That I >can agree with.

This is a helpful distinction

But it helps to have many online forms that are interactive so that
netizens can interact and communicate.

> The medium cannot be blamed for what people do or do > not do, and it simply accelerates the issue of 'group
> membership' - and yet, group membership itself has >showed change on the internet in various guises. But >many people, even some involved in ICT, haven't figured > that out yet.

That's why it is helpful to pay attention to the practice of netizens
around the world and to learn from it.

> Perhaps some introspection in the New Year. :-) Happy > New Year in advance.

And a Happy New Year to you and all too.

Hopefully the importance of the WSIS event in Tunisia continue to have
its ripples around the world.

An international conference on the subject of making access to the
Intenret available to all everyone on the globe.

A fine challenge for the 21st century

Many more netizens and many more achievements of netizens to look forward to :-)

--
Netizens: On the History and Impact of Usenet and the Internet

http://www.columbia.edu/~hauben/netbook

http://www.ais.org/~jrh/netizens.news