[WSIS CS-Plenary] authors of issue papers

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Fri Feb 4 13:37:40 GMT 2005

Il giorno ven, 04-02-2005 alle 13:01 +0100, Jeanette Hofmann ha scritto:
> > It would also be helpful to know who the authors of these papers are.
>
> I have been wondering about the authorship too.
> >
> It appears that quite a few people know who wrote or co-authored which
> paper.
> The authorship seems not to be secrete information. So why are no names
> attached to the papers?

AFAIK, the papers are meant to be group releases (and, in fact, some of
them are actually the result of contributions by a lot of members, while
others instead were the result of a single individual's work, with at
most a few edits here and there by a couple of other members).

This (to answer another question) is exactly why the reason why
intellectual property is not there yet - the paper (or, better, the
issue) was so controversial that some members of the group totally
objected to its publication, so a short summary prepared by the
Secretariat will be posted instead.