[WSIS CS-Plenary] authors of issue papers

avri at acm.org avri at acm.org
Fri Feb 4 16:12:33 GMT 2005

Hi,

I believe Vittorio is right about the reason for there not being
specific author lists.  It would be very difficult on many of the
papers to list everyone who contributed a paragraph or more.  Or
rather, on some, it could look almost like a list of all of the WGIG
members.

Most papers, however, did have someone doing editing, or perhaps more
properly copy editing - i.e. collecting the words of others and trying
to fit them into a coherent report that covered as many of the content
expressions as possible.  Perhaps, these names could have been listed,
but I think that was considered too much an act of making someone a
designated focal point for a topic and that it, perhaps, risked making
them somehow appear to be 'the' author and perhaps more equal.

a.