[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [governance] Should a "Global Alliance" succeed the UN ICT TF?

veni markovski veni at veni.com
Wed Feb 9 23:13:00 GMT 2005

Milton,
I went through the document.
I think what it lacks is the real perspective. It's too academic for the
spirit of people not close to the academic circles.

I can start even with the headline:

You could bring Policy Development to the Public, but you can't bring
public to the policy development. While you live in environment, where
civil society is being formed a while ago, in Bulgaria, where we still
don't have it (fully operational), that would never be the case.

The 'ICT domain' means nothing. We need to use Information Society instead.

UNICTTF could continue doing it work, while we figure out if the WSIS will
be over in November. Further on that road - we don't know if anything of
the achievments there will be really implemented. So far we've heard a lot
talking, and less and less funding. Without funding, forget the visions.

You say that for international agreements to be legitimate, they ... have
to permit full participation. Yet, you know that's NEVER the case with
intra-governmental organizations.

So, because it's too late now, I can't finish this e-mail, but there's a
lot for editing, and may be more than that.

best,
veni