[WSIS CS-Plenary] Webcast of the WGIG meetings

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Thu Feb 10 17:02:11 GMT 2005

All,

This is to inform that the open sessions of the WGIG meetings next week
- that is, the morning of Monday 14th, and the full days of Tuesday 15th
and Wednesday 16th - will be webcast.

I am especially proud of the fact that the webcast will be provided
thanks to a cooperation between the WGIG Secretariat and Civil Society,
using only free software, and in two languages (English and French).

More details (including links, detailed instructions, and a long list of
thanks and acknowledgements) will follow in the next days.

But beware - this is still an experiment. It is the first time that a
webcast is attempted in the WGIG environment, so we cannot guarantee
that everything will work smoothly at the first try (also, we will only
have one hour to set everything up before the meetings begin!). However,
everyone is welcome to try and show that there is actual interest in
this kind of remote participation tools.

Please feel free to forward the notice to other caucuses and lists.

Thanks,