[WSIS CS-Plenary] Time slots for CS at PrepCom

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Sat Feb 12 19:18:44 GMT 2005

hi renate

thanks for this information - it's very useful to have it in advance of time.

>·         Thursday morning----no intervention for observers [general
>housekeeping and introduction]
>·         Thursday afternoon 17.15-18.00 [CS will have 15 minutes in this
>block of time]
>·         Friday 18 February -Wednesday 23 February, we will have 15
>minutes in the morning from 10.00-10.45
>·         Thursday 24 February late morning or early afternoon
>12.15-13.00, we will have 15 minutes
>·         Friday 25 no interventions planned, decisions on format of
>PrepCom 3. This could change as we see how discussions unfold and if we
>decide to request an intervention on that day.

it is good to see that we have time during sub-committee as well as
plenary. From what i can gather, we've been allocated

- 15 minutes to speak to the financing issue (17 feb pm) - during a 3 hour
session
- 15 minutes to speak to the IG issue (24th late morning/early afternoon) -
during a 6 hour session
- 15 minutes in 4 *days* of discussion around Agenda Item 6:

Item 6:
1.      Consideration of the following items of the final document(s):
a.      Text of Political Chapeau
b.      Text of Operational Part
c.      Any other questions related to the final document(s)

it would be very helpful if we could pre-empt great dissapointment on our
part, by requesting more time to speak to agenda item 6?

karen