[WSIS CS-Plenary] [Fwd: Media Reform Conference - Join Us]

Sasha Costanza-Chock schock at riseup.net
Thu Feb 17 21:18:32 GMT 2005

Please forward widely!

---

Dear Colleague,

I hope you can join us in St. Louis May 13-15 for The National
Conference for Media Reform - an exciting forum for discussing solutions
to the problems of our media.

Click here to learn more: www.freepress.net/conference

As more and more Americans begin to understand the impacts of our broken
media system, thousands of activists will converge in St. Louis to
learn, strategize, network, and build momentum to fight for reform.

Speakers already scheduled for the event include FCC Commissioners
Michael Copps and Jonathan Adelstein, comedian Al Franken, author Naomi
Klein, journalist Juan Gonzalez, FAIR's Janine Jackson, Democracy Now's
Amy Goodman, syndicated columnist Arianna Huffington, TransAfrica
Forum's Bill Fletcher and author David Brock. Activist leaders and
members of Congress will be there as well.

Registration is now open. Register online by March 15 for the discounted
early bird rate: www.freepress.net/conference.

Scholarships are available. Free Press has secured a limited amount of
funding to provide scholarships to offset attendance costs for activists
who could not otherwise afford to attend. See
www.freepress.net/conference/=scholarship to learn more and apply.  The
application deadline is March 1.

A chance to showcase your work. The "Media Democracy Showcase" will
provide an interactive space for conference participants to learn about
the exciting array of media activism and reform work being done by
local, regional and national groups across the country. We invite media
activist organizations to use this opportunity to showcase their work
and network with conference participants.  Go to
www.freepress.net/conference/=showcase to learn more and apply.

For more details, including info on the venue, schedule, program,
lodging information, and much more, please visit the conference web
site, www.freepress.net/conference.

We look forward to seeing you in St. Louis!

Sincerely,
Yolanda Hippensteele
Co-Director
National Conference for Media Reform