[WSIS CS-Plenary] WIPO denies ad hoc NGO observor statusfor April Development Agenda meeting

James Love james.love at cptech.org
Fri Feb 18 13:49:58 GMT 2005

karen banks wrote:
> hi all
>
>> What we'd like to see is greater recognition and coordination of
>> campaigns across venues. We have had a debate/dialogue here about the
>> role of IPR issues in the WGIG and some have contended that the whole
>> thing should be left to the WIPO forum. They have, I think, failed to
>> understand the helpful and complementary effect that coordination
>> across WSIS/WGIG, WIPO, and other forums could have.
>

> jamie did earlier propose drafting a statement in response to this
> situation. I think we should do it and link it to the ongoing work of
> the WGIG

   Good idea.  I'm asking WIPO for some clarification on the important
issue of acreditation of ad hoc observors.  Let me give them until close
of day on Monday to respond.  Jamie

--
James Love, Director, CPTech, http://www.cptech.org

Consumer Project on Technology in Washington, DC
PO Box 19367, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Tel.:  1.202.387.8030, fax: 1.202.234.5176

Consumer Project on Technology in Geneva
1 Route des  Morillons, CP 2100, 1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland
Tel: +41 22 791 6727

Mobile +1.202.361.3040
james.love at cptech.org