[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [Pwd] Disability Caucus speaking slot on 25th Friday

Monthian Buntan mbuntan at anet.net.th
Fri Feb 25 01:31:27 GMT 2005

Dear Hiroshi:

Well, if we have to deal with financial mechanism, then I would go as follows:

1. Any criteria for funding support for ICT development, ICT training and
ICT services must take disability-inclusiveness into account.
2. ICT development, following the principle of universal design, and
assistive tech development must receive preferencial treatment over
unfriendly/inaccessible ICT.
3. Universally designed ICTs and assistive technologies should receive
duty-free status.

I hope our points will be well taken.

Best,

Thian