[WSIS CS-Plenary] YJ's objection and the CS-PS statement

Tracey Naughton tracey at traceynaughton.com
Fri Feb 25 13:49:34 GMT 2005

It is very clear that there are divergent opinions on Internet
Governance, including on the very term itself. I also believe, as I
have said, that many new and veteran participants don't have enough
detailed knowledge on the topic. This is leaving many people as
observers of a debate they are not able to contribute to, but which
obviously has some 'heat' in it.

I suggest that we need a structured session at PrepCom 3, and I mean
structured so participants can learn in it, to explore the topic and
hear different viewpoints. This may enable some more informed and
constructive engagement.

In the meantime I urge the participants in the debate to discuss issues
and try to rise above feelings about people that may have arisen during
the background period to this debate.

Tracey

Tracey Naughton
NYAKA
Communication for Development Consultant
201 Somerset hall
239 Oxford Road
Illovo     2196
South Africa