[WSIS CS-Plenary] CS Workshop on Internet Governance

YJ Park yjpark at myepark.com
Fri Feb 25 15:24:14 GMT 2005

> It is very clear that there are divergent opinions on Internet
> Governance, including on the very term itself. I also believe, as I
> have said, that many new and veteran participants don't have enough
> detailed knowledge on the topic. This is leaving many people as
> observers of a debate they are not able to contribute to, but which
> obviously has some 'heat' in it.
>
> I suggest that we need a structured session at PrepCom 3, and I mean
> structured so participants can learn in it, to explore the topic and
> hear different viewpoints. This may enable some more informed and
> constructive engagement.

Thank you for your specific proposal on raising awareness! I wish
we could organize something like this during PrepCom II. As you
suggested, it would be helpful to present diverse perspectives on
Internet Governance debate.

I would like to contribute to shaping an agenda for this workshop.

Thank you again!
YJ