[WSIS CS-Plenary] format for Tunis Summit

Ramin.Kaweh at unctad.org Ramin.Kaweh at unctad.org
Mon Feb 28 14:59:12 GMT 2005

Rik, Thanks for the useful analysis and ideas on the text below.

I would only like to highlight that the draft text states that the
speakers be "identified" (and not necessarily selected !!) and
that this is done also  in coordination with the S-G of the Summit. Just a
warning sign, that the interpretation is still vague.

        "identified through their self-organizing mechanisms, in
coordination with the
        Secretary-General of the Summit, will be invited to make opening
        remarks"

I think it is good that this point is always raised and clarified, like
Ralf did during the meeting with the ITU representative,
so that the experience of the Geneva Summit will hopefully be avoided.

Ramin

Ramin Kaweh
Programme Officer
UN-NGLS (Non-Governmental Liaison Service)
Palais des Nations
1211 Geneva 10
Switzerland
tel:  0041.22. 917 2078