[WSIS CS-Plenary] UN Official Document System is online

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Sat Jan 8 13:03:01 GMT 2005

Georg C. F. Greve wrote:

Georg, I am not sure your judgement of the composition and competence of
WGIG is fair.

First, it was clear from the outset that not all vital interests could
be represented directly in a group with limited membership. Second, most
of the CS members do sympathise with the free software movement and are
certainly willing to listen and take up the issue you wnat to bring
forward. Third, another group which, to quote you, fundamentally affects
the shape of the Internet - the IETF, which is responsible among other
things for TCP/IP and the DNS -, is represented in WGIG, the IETF.

jeanette