[WSIS CS-Plenary] UN Official Document System is online

Georg C. F. Greve greve at fsfeurope.org
Mon Jan 10 13:33:06 GMT 2005

 || On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:12:30 +0100
 || Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wz-berlin.de> wrote:

 jh> [...] How could any of the CS groups involved in WSIS claim to
 jh> represent or speak for other CS people not actively involved?

Thank you for calling me to precision: Indeed you are right that my
statements were made regarding those that are actively involved in the
WSIS process.

So I should say that the actively involved Civil Society in WSIS is
not represented on issues of Patents, Copyrights and Trademarks (PCT)
as well as Free Software.

Regarding your statements about skills and experience, I believe that
all suggested candidates from the PCT Working Group met those
criteria.

Regarding your statements of diversity, Enrique Chaparro, whom I
endorsed, is from a Southern Country (Argentina) and Beatriz Busaniche
is female as well as also from a Southern Country. Both have been put
forward by the PCT Working Group in time and with all necessary
information.

Regards,
Georg

--