[WSIS CS-Plenary] Preparing for PrepCom 2

Andy Carvin acarvin at edc.org
Tue Jan 18 13:55:06 GMT 2005

Hi Rik,

Robert and I had a conference call about this late last week. I'm hoping
to do some fundraising to put some staff-time on developing a
WSISBlogs.org site between now and Tunis; in the meantime, I'm probably
going to create a very simple aggregator for those of us blogging from
the Prepcom, something along the lines of my tsunami-info.org site.
Also, just yesterday I figured out a cool way for a group of people to
create "mobcasts": audio blogs (podcasts) with multiple contributors,
all filing their blogs over their mobile phones. I'm about to start
experimenting with the concept at http://mobcasting.blogspot.com as soon
as I get some volunteers. It's free, and only requires calling a US
phone number (which might pose some problems for non-US mobile networks
whose keytones are different than US keytones, though).

Meanwhile, we're in the process of getting MediaWiki running on the
Digital Divide Network server; I thought it was all set a few days ago
and I created a space where people could post their prepcom itineraries,
propose meetings, etc, but for some reason the page erases itself every
few hours. Needless to say it's not ready yet, but hopefully in the next
couple of days EDC's tech team will be able to solve the problem.

thanks,
ac

--
Andy Carvin