[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Need to know the facts / Les Faits Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] PCT and WGIG

Taran Rampersad cnd at knowprose.com
Sat Jan 22 21:22:29 GMT 2005

Robert Guerra wrote:

> At 2:53 PM -0500 1/22/05, Taran Rampersad wrote:
>
>> This is actually where using a content management system would be
>> useful. It's possible to have multiple discussions in multiple threads
>> on the web in a very transparent way. There's even the increasing
>> capacity for translation in some. Yet I sit here and read emails across
>> the lists I do subscribe to. Rather strange, especially given the
>> context.
>>

> I've proposed using a tools like a CMS for well over a year now. I
> waited, and waited for comments - any sort of expression of interest
> and few if any came.
>
> Any initiative of this sort needs to be done by a collection of
> individuals - call it a team, working group or whatever so as to give
> the impression that it's been done as a service for CS as a whole and
> not as one person's desire to control content.
>
> If now there's more people interested - I am still keen, and would be
> willing to contribute in a focused matter to get things ready for the
> coming Prepcom in a few weeks time. My only condition would be that
> others too make a commitment to get things done and not engage in dogma.

I share your concern on this. I and a few others have made the same
comments regarding such models at varying levels of ICT participation
withing the Latin American and Caribbean regions. I'd like to see this
done by a team, and if necessary I will be a part of such a team - but I
would require more communication with the public by the CS Plenary and
associated caucuses. Note, I did not say broadcast - instead,
'communication'. Discussion.

--
Taran Rampersad

cnd at knowprose.com