[WSIS CS-Plenary] IPR : building consensus

Hervé Le Crosnier herve at info.unicaen.fr
Sat Jan 29 15:58:46 GMT 2005

	Good afternoon (France time)

	The question  of place of IPR in the priorities
	of the WGIG seems to be :
	- an important one (positions try really to
	  exprim problems and visions of the place of
	  "internet-societies négociations" vs "global-societies
	  négociations")

	- a confusing one (IPR are at the fondamentals
	  of an "information society", as ground properties
	  are fondamentals of the agrarian societies and
	  production means properties for the industrial one)

	So we have to build a new kind of consensus on this question.

	I feel the two boundaries of this consensus are :

	- to let other civil society groups acting on the global
	  IPR problem  enough room for their activities

	- to integrate IPR in our conception of the governance
	  of the "internet-society" (not all society as always
	  try to explain Fede)

	If we have to build a consensus that can match at the same
	time the two sides of the IPR problem and take place between
	the two boundaries, I think it's a good way to work
	together.

	So i ask one question, to clarify the way to such a kind
	of consensus, to those who think that IPR is top-ranking
	piorities for the WGIG :

	- What exactly are the IPR problem you think are in the
	scope of the WGIG ?

	With that new information and collective reflexion, I
	think we will find a real consensus.

	Don't you ?

Hervé Le Crosnier