[WSIS CS-Plenary] Spam as an issue

Federico Heinz fheinz at vialibre.org.ar
Mon Jan 31 18:06:51 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 17:46 +0100, Vittorio Bertola wrote:
> (Possibly it's just that I'm too pessimistic to think that a liberalized
> and self-regulating approach will always be respectful of everyone's
> rights...)

I think there's a misunderstanding here: advocating for the WGIG not to
address these issues is not the same as advocating for self-regulation.
It is rather advocating for leaving the issues for each society/
real-world governments to regulate as they see fit. Any excess
regulation on the side of the Internet may prevent societies from
implementing what *they* consider valuable regulation.

	Fede

--
GnuPG Public Key: gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-key BD02C6E0
Key Fingerprint: 04F4 08C5 14B7 2C3D DB21  ACF8 6CF5 0B0C BD02 C6E0