[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: 16 Feb meeting

Adina Fulga Radi adinafulgaradi at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 13:08:27 GMT 2005

Dear Pablo and ALL,

YES you do need a badge to access the Palais des Nations, may I remind everyone that security at the Palais has nothing to do with PALEXPO, CICG, ITU or any other places where you've attended meetings. We talk REAL security here.

You need accreditation AND registration in order to get in PrepCom2/Palais des Nations. Once you've attended previous WSIS events, you should be accredited (once you've participated in the WSIS prior events you are accredited for the whole process)

You need nevertheless to be registered for each event, PrepCom, conference etc.

All information regarding accreditation/registration available at:
http://www.itu.int/wsis/participation/accreditation/cs.html

As Sean has mentioned, we can always register people under our organisations, or as part of focal points (case in which you should ask YOUR focal point for username/password in order to register).

FYI, a provisional programme and an update logistics/information kit will be circulated by mid this week.

May I also remind everyone that in order to book your meeting requests accordingly, we need to know ASAP EXACTLY what you need. As we have to book interpreters, technical services and to avoid overlapping (if possible) we need to have a fair idea of your requests for meetings/caucuses/WGs/etc; as following:

-     Title of the meeting

-          Date

-          Timing / Duration

-          Number of persons attending

-          Interpretation needed (English/French(Spanish)

-          Technical services required (over-head projector, flipcharts, etc)

Further should you require more information on any of the above or WSIS PC2, please do not hesitate to contact me:

Adina Fulga Radi
CONGO Officer WSIS CS Secretariat
t. + 41 22 301 10 00
f. + 41 22 301 20 00

Sean O Siochru <sean at nexus.ie> wrote:
I think it would normally be.  They have tightened security a lot.  We can always accredit people under our own organisations, if needed.

Sean