[WSIS CS-Plenary] A more effective press strategy...

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Tue Jul 19 18:33:46 BST 2005

Jacqueline:

I was going to reply to your earlier message on the governance list ,
but - better if i replied here...

In regards to the press ,  well I too have been quite disappointed in
regards to how CS @ WSIS engages the press.  Thought, careful
planning - a strategy - needs to be developed. I've mentioned this
numerous times @ CSB and would be keen to work with you another
others to make sure, at least for PC 3, there's a more effective
engagement of the press.

As for possible steps - i'd recommend

1. the creation of an ad-hoc press committee. One that works to
identify media contacts as well as preparing CS speakers and - yes -
coaching them - on how to effectively speak to the press.

2. start planning for prepcom 3. There is a press conference at the
start at the event, and one at the end. let's start to develop who
and what we'd like to say - now , and not hours before the news
conference is about to start.

regards

Robert

--