[WSIS CS-Plenary] UN at odds over internet's future

Ronald Koven rkoven at compuserve.com
Thu Jul 21 17:06:12 BST 2005

Dear Bertrand --

What makes you think we are pleased to be manipulated by pols ?

The general disillusion with politics starts with the attitudes of the
press, and that stems from the perception that politicians try to
manipulate us journalists. When they actually succeed for a time (as they
inevitably must occasionally do since they control so much information),
that only increases the resentment once we realize we've been had.
Journalists are only (all too) human.

When things go wrong for politicians -- toutes tendances confondues, one of
their first lines of defense is to blame it on the stupidity, venality, or
whatever of the press. Surely, you don't mean to fall into the trap of
accepting that old political trick, do you ?

Best, Rony Koven