[WSIS CS-Plenary] Draft input to GFC

Rik Panganiban rikp at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 23 23:01:04 BST 2005

Vittorio, et al,

My interpretation of this text is that it more fully integrates the WSIS follow-up process into the broader UN follow-up to all the other UN conferences, i.e. the Vienna Conference on Human Rights, the Beijing Women's Conference, Copenhagen Social Development conference, and Durban Conference on Racism.   In addition, this language links the WSIS follow-up to the Millennium Summit and Millennium Development Goals follow-up and implementation.

Rik Panganiban
CONGO