[WSIS CS-Plenary] seeking ICT4D journalist in Brasil

Andy Carvin acarvin at edc.org
Mon Jun 6 20:30:25 BST 2005

Hi everyone,

As you may know, I'm working with IDRC to edit a book about the role of telecentres in global development. We're planning to profile projects in Sao Paulo, Brasil, and are seeking to hire a local freelance journalist with an interest in ICT4D issues. The journalist would have to speak both Portuguese and English, and be willing to spend several days this summer visiting telecentres, then submitting an article along with interview transcripts to us.

Our preference would be to find a journalist based in Sao Paulo, but we would be willing to consider journalists or writers based in other parts of the country.

If you have any suggestions, please contact me off-list at acarvin at edc.org. I'd need the journalist's contact information, and if it's available, some writing samples to look at.

thanks,
andy

--