[WSIS CS-Plenary] wsis-online website or via the CILS website. Members of the legal project ...

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 05:11:59 BST 2005

Dear Sylvia,
 On 6/23/05, Sylvia Caras <sylvia at peoplewho.org> wrote:

> I've tried to access these reports at both locations. My computer
> crashed. (I'm running Windows 98 which might be the problem.)

 The problem is that whoever decided that these files should be onliine in
.exe format didn't have enough coffee in them:
  from http://www.cils.org/WSIS/WSIS.htm
  "If the error message, "File does not begin with '%PDF-'" appears, your
browser is not properly configured for PDF. Allow the PDF file ample time to
open; if you do not wait for the hourglass to disappear, this may cause the
file to open improperly in Acrobat Reader and attempting to use the Reader's
"save" icon will require that you restart your computer. "
 This is bollocks, my "browser" reads .pdf files all the time.

 I think, though, that this is a good example of the necessity for an
> inclusive and diverse outreach so that material is accessible to all, old
> operating systems, text readers for the blind,

 or just simply as a .pdf doc like everybody else!!

> If someone would like to send some of the files as attachments, or
> abstracts, I'd enjoy learning the arguments.

 They are e-books,, take forever to try to open (and don't actually open)and
expire after a certain date.
People who want to be taken seriously need to pay attention to what they are
doing.
 Sorry this text is just NOT readable at this moment.
 --
Cheers,

McTim
nic-hdl: TMCG