[WSIS CS-Plenary] wsis-online website or via the CILS website...

Carlos Afonso ca at rits.org.br
Thu Jun 23 12:14:03 BST 2005

I use Linux and have been informed by the CILS that their platform has
been designed for Windows clients only. This message from Sylvia reveals
that it may be even more restrictive -- only recent versions of Windows
may work with CILS's documents? The point is they use a proprietary
mechanism embedded in the documents to enforce IPR (documents are
timed), which works only with Windows-based programs.

--c.a.

Sylvia Caras wrote:

> I've tried to access these reports at both locations.  My computer
> crashed.  (I'm running Windows 98 which might be the problem.)
>
> I think, though, that this is a good example of the necessity for an
> inclusive and diverse outreach so that material is accessible to all,
> old operating systems, text readers for the blind, ...
>
> If someone would like to send some of the files as attachments, or
> abstracts, I'd enjoy learning the arguments.
>
> Sylvia
>
> At 01:48 PM 6/22/05, Lady Murrugarra wrote:
>
>> World summit on the information society
>>

>> Prior to the Geneva 2003 Summit, the Center for International Legal
>> Studies (CILS) organized a team of 23 lawyers from Asia, Europe, and
>> the United States to prepare briefs on legal issues facing the
>> information society. These reports are now available online as part
>> of the run-up to the Tunis 2005 Summit. You may access the reports
>> (and contact the authors directly) via the wsis-online website or via
>> the CILS website. Members of the legal project team will be present
>> in Tunis and will present a briefing session open to all delegates
>> and interested parties.
>>
>>  <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />
>>
>> <http://www.wsis-online.net/smsi/classes/won/projects/won-projects-483436/project-view#media>Access
>> CILS at wsis-online  /  <http://www.cils.org/WSIS/WSIS.htm>Access
>> reports directly
>>
>> Center for International Legal Studies
>>

>> Correo Yahoo!
>> Comprueba qué es nuevo,
>> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/es/whatsnew/*http://es.whatsnew.mail.yahoo.com/>aquí
>>
>> http://correo.yahoo.es

Carlos Afonso
diretor de planejamento
Rede de Informações para o Terceiro Setor - Rits
Rua Guilhermina Guinle, 272, 6º andar - Botafogo
Rio de Janeiro RJ - Brasil         CEP 22270-060
tel +55-21-2527-5494        fax +55-21-2527-5460
ca at rits.org.br            http://www.rits.org.br