[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Next GFC meetings

Renata Bloem rbloem at ngocongo.org
Sun Jun 26 23:26:42 BST 2005

Wolfgang,

I had it in a first draft. But then in cooperation with members of the Task
here we decided to take it out and have it completely focused on the GA and
the September Summit. It would have some what watered down the historic
precedents of the Hearings. (BTW, what we are asking here we have already
for some time - and far beyond- in the WSIS! Governments would have been
deprived of feeling good about entering into a genuine positive dialogue.
And most of the CS present at the Hearings –having no clue about WSIS –
would not have associated themselves with it)

But next week at the High-level Segment of ECOSOC, (and that is why I am
still here) and particular during a Round Table on Science, Technology and
Innovation to meet the MDGs, including the ICTs, I have plenty of
opportunity to promote WSIS multi-stakeholderism.

Best

Renata