[WSIS CS-Plenary] [CS Bureau] Re: Process for nominating CS speakers for summit

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Tue Jun 28 12:01:20 BST 2005

avri doria ha scritto:
> I think it is.  We really have very little time to get back on track
> before the Prepcom.  It would be a pity if working methods did not have
> recommendations to make to the plenary on all of its tasks, including
> methods of choosing speakers.

So... let's start the discussion. (Still copying the plenary, but I
agree we should move it to the Working Methods WG.)

I do not know what was done for the first Summit two years ago, but the
first question I would pose is: which kind of people do we want as speakers?

Do we want people that have a high personal profile or are even "famous"?

Do we want people that can represent the different caucuses?

Do we want people that are particularly good at public speaking?

Do we want people that have been particularly active on the specific
issues they should talk about?

Possibly, we want a bit of everything, but agreeing on a set of criteria
and on their relative importance is the first step.

Also, I am not sure whether we already have a list of issues that our
interventions will need to address, whether we are free to work it out
on our own, or whatever. I think that the list of issues influences the
list of speakers, so we should try to have some clear idea on that as well.