[Working Methods] Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] [CS Bureau] Re: Process for nominating CS speakers for summit [u]

Robert Guerra [c] rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Tue Jun 28 14:31:52 BST 2005

Great to see the discussion - has started.

Might I suggest there's agreement on what specific forum the initial
discussions will take place. I mention this, as getting 2,3 or even 4
copies of each and every message is a bit annoying.

As for a comment - there are two comments i'd like to make on the
process:

1. Let's be aware of the fact that civil society interested and
involved in the WSIS process are also found OUTSIDE the plenary
lists. We should try to find methods and/or mechanisms so that those
"outside" the insider's group know there's a nomination process
underway and can contribute suggestions.

to address this point - i would recommend that whatever process and
mechanism that gets developed be as open as possible. the call for
nominations should be , for example , placed as a notice on the ITU/
WSIS newsletter as well as on the official WSIS page .  Thus, people
would know that a  CS process is underway and how people can go to
get more information.

2. Let's the define the roles, well in advance of what CS body will
be involved and how. Might I proceed that a nomination committee be
struck which would oversee the process. people involved would not
necessarily have a say, but more make sure that the - logistics and
openness - of the process go forward and be as fair as possible.

regards

Robert

--
Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>