[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Speaker nomination process [u]

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jun 29 13:11:35 BST 2005

Hello Robert
Where are those who know more about WSIS ?
Did you find any mention of WSIS in your newspaper ? In your neigbour's ?
The European Parliament debated Catherine Trautmann's report on IS and WSIS last Thursday. Did you hear any echoes at your radio or TV set or read some lines in your magazine ? Even the IS Newsroom of the Commission (see its website) ignored this event !
I rather feel that WSIS is a small event organised on a broad basis. But this doesn't worry me : I'm committed in this process since its very beginning because I think that we are to use all opportunities we can get for trying to do our possible in resisting a "globalized unique thought" and in helping populations from DCs as well as possible to improve their lives and to get the part they deserve in an open and sharing society.
BTW : I do hope that the long serial we had do endure before the Geneva Summit for "speakers nominantions" will not happen again. I know some among us who are already in the starting blocks for the race for the desk ! Let's first debate on WHAT should be told to the folks : this will eliminate a lot of candidates and our choice will be largely facilitated. Our mailbox will appreciate it too.
Best
Jean-Louis Fullsack
CSDPTT-France