[WSIS CS-Plenary] To whom should a "reply" to the Plenary listserv go?

Elizabeth K. Carll, PhD ecarll at optonline.net
Thu Jun 30 14:21:49 BST 2005

As the majority of people join a list to communicate with all, having it
reconfigured so that a reply goes by default to the
sender of the previous message, would require an extra step or 2 to post a
message. In addition, most expect that the response goes to the list, and if
it goes to the individual unintendently, most would not take the time to
repost.

Perhaps what would be preferable would be to leave the list as default and
have the reply to all reconfigured to include both the list and individual
address and then those who want to send direct can click on this and delete
the list address.

In addition, it may be a more accurate assessment to ask those who would
like to have the list reconfigured so that a reply goes by default to the
sender of the previous message, to post this request on the list.  A change
in status that affects all, should not be based on lack of response to a
question, but active response by those interested in the change.

Elizabeth

Dr. Elizabeth Carll
International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies;
UN NGO Committee on Mental Health;
Communications Coordination Committee for the UN