[WSIS CS-Plenary] CS contributions to WSIS stocktaking

Rik Panganiban rikp at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 1 15:39:47 GMT 2005

Dear Friends,

Further to this, I think it would be particularly important for our
different caucuses and working groups to disseminate information about
the stocktaking exercise to their respective networks and affiliates
"on the ground."  I.e. the disability caucus, youth caucus, women's
caucus, human rights caucus, telecentres caucus, indigenous peoples'
caucus, and others must have knowledge of innovative projects being
conducted by civil society in the field that should be part of this
database.

 From the political front, it will be harder for us to argue for our
seat at the table on the policy side if we are not seen as being
involved on the other end on the implementation end.  So spread the
word!  Put this notice on your websites and send it around to your
lists.

Regards,

Rik Panganiban

On Feb 28, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Renata Bloem wrote:

> Please kindly note the message below from the ITU/WSIS ES concerning
> more contributions from the Civil Society during PrepCom2 regarding
> the WSIS Stocktaking database. In order to meet this request please
> feel free to send more contributions (other than those already
> submitted of course) of your input to PrepCom2. All msg are to be sent
> asap preferably by filling-in the following questionnaire:
> http://www.itu.int/wsis/stocktaking/scripts/q.asp
>
> Best regards,
> Renata
>

> Cher tous,
>
> Veuillez noter le message suivant de la part du SE SMSI/UIT concernant
> une demande supplémentaire de contributions de la part de la société
> civile. Afin de pouvoir répondre à cette demande, veuillez envoyer dès
> que possible toutes vos contributions pendant la PrepCom2 (bien
> évidemment autres que celles déjà soumises) de préférence en
> remplissant le questionnaire suivant (pour la base de données des
> activités): http://www.itu.int/wsis/stocktaking/scripts/q.asp
>
> Avec mes meilleures salutations,
>
> Renata
>

> Tim.Kelly at itu.int wrote:
>

> Adina,
>
> now that the PrepCom is behind us, I wonder if I could request your
> help for assistance in soliciting more contributions from civil
> society to the WSIS stocktaking database, at
> www.itu.int/wsis/stocktaking.
>
>  As we approach the second phase, reporting on the implementation of
> the Geneva Plan of Action will become all the more important,
> especially if we go with the Swiss proposal for a formal report on the
> implementation to be approved by the Summit.
>
>  As I reported during the prepcom, we have received over 1'600
> contributions to the stocktaking database, but only a tiny percentage
> of these are from accredited civil society organisations. Would it be
> possible to encourage the different civil society "families" to make
> more inputs, if possible using the online questionnaire?
>
>  Thanks,
>
> tim
>

> Renate Bloem
> President of the Conference of NGOs (CONGO)
>  11, Avenue de la Paix
>  CH-1202 Geneva
>  Tel: +41 22 301 1000
>  Fax: +41 22 301 2000
>  E-mil: rbloem at ngocongo.org
>  Website: www.ngocongo.org

RIK PANGANIBAN       Communications Coordinator
Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations
(CONGO)
web: http://www.ngocongo.org
email: rik.panganiban at ngocongo.org
mobile: (+1) 917-710-5524