[WSIS CS-Plenary] Workshops at coming WSIS events

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Fri Mar 4 17:40:45 GMT 2005

Tijani et al.

There were numerous discussions held during the recently prepcom on
ideas on how to build on the existing orientation session meeting to
something more complete and strategic that would allow for CS to
learn not only about the process, but also the positions being put
forward by all sides.

I hope this concept gets developed before the next meeting...it would
be good to get started soon and not leave it till days before the
actual event itself.

In terms of topics - i'd like to second the call to have a session on
Internet Governance and would like to put forward one or more
sessions on Tunisia.  I for one would very much appreciate knowing
from the locals detailing information as to where to stay, what costs
are like and how to move around the city and country in safe and cost
effective fashion.

PrepCom 2 was perceived by many to have a large Tunisian presence.
Despite all the interventions   I left Geneva with few if any
specific details  about the specifics about Tunis and the summit. I
would thus hope that our Tunisian colleagues could help organize an
information session with maps on how to get around, consular and
diplomatic contacts and a  list of (free) wifi access points would be
great to organize for the coming prepcom in Sept.

regards

Robert

At 4:02 PM +0000 3/2/05, Mohamed Tijani BEN JEMAA wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I second the proposition of a workshop on Internet Governance to be held
>on the first day of PrepCom 3 or just before. It would be useful and
>helpful for a great number of civil society members.
>
>Tijani

###
Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>
Privaterra - <http://www.privaterra.org>