[WSIS CS-Plenary] AGAIN: PROPOSAL to PLENARY

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Mar 7 18:08:38 GMT 2005

Yulia Timofeeva wrote:
> To those who encounter these problems I can only advise to change to
> gmail, it is the best system for managing mailing lists I've seen.

No, people should trim the email. Else it's like including
all the previous correspondence every time you send a business
letter.  It not only stresses the recipients who have to lift
weights to carry their post (download their mail), it stresses
the postal service who have to use bigger trucks and planes to
move the email alone.

I admit this is less environmentally damaging that the mail
situation, but those of us who maintain the transmission
system will thank you. Bandwidth is not free and we pay for
gmail's bandwidth, indirectly. They're not a money spring.

I propose that the list lowers its message size limit in order
that everyone can continue to participate. Any supporters or
constructive opposition? Outright objectors?

--
MJR/slef
http://mjr.towers.org.uk/