[WSIS CS-Plenary] WIPO Shutting Out Public Interest Organizations

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Tue Mar 8 14:08:03 GMT 2005

hi all

>The WIPO situation is a good relative measurement of our WSIS Civil
>Society achievements. Let's take the rest off the day off from more
>criticism of the mess we are supposedly in!!! We could spend it supporting
>the Civil Society people involved in WIPO.

it wasn't a criticism tracey - it was clarifying the situation re WIPO for
robert and all.

 >Happy International Women's Day.

Many of us are now in New York (literally bumped into rik and renate on the
street yesterday) at the Beijing +10 review. There is almost no focus on
media and icts which is very dissapointing for those of us here to lobby
and network around those issues.

but.. there will be some terrific celebrations today in New York
acknowledging international women's day..

the very best to all..

karen