[WSIS CS-Plenary] format for Tunis Summit

Rik Panganiban rikp at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 16 23:55:11 GMT 2005

Vittorio,

Sorry to respond to you so late on this.  I do not make up these rules,
they are handed over to us from the secretariat,  the government
bureau, and past UN conference practice.  We can chose to reject those
practices and nominate folks who the secretariat might view as less
than "top level".  But I just want people to know what the preparations
and assumptions are.

The coordinator of a caucus does not hold much water beyond our own
structures if they are not at the top level of their own organization.
The title of "individual internet user" does not mean anything in the
UN system.

Rik Panganiban
CONGO