[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: References: Multi-stakeholder partnerships

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Fri Mar 25 13:02:04 GMT 2005

Dear djilali, claudia, tracey, lisa..

thank you very much for your on and offline posts re MSP references.

I want to clarify that this is not going to be a comprehensive piece - more
a short reflective article - so i don't want to dissapoint anyone in
advance if they're expecting something more comprehensive.

I just felt it was an important issue to include in the newsletter - and
certainly one which i feel we've only started to 'unpack' in terms of
getting down to some detail as opposed to more general platitudes. Maybe we
can do something more substantial in the coming months..

djiliali - i assume you're referring to the UN Global Compact? if so, that
would certainly be a reference

claudia - thanks for these.. i think we in WSIS sometimes forget that the
MSP approach was used substantially in the UNED processes

www.earthsummit2002.org  - UNED Forum project on MSP by Minu Hemmati + see
also UNED principles for Stakeholder participation on UNED Forum website
www.diplomacy.edu  - Diplo Foundation, malta
www.globalpublicpolicy.net  - digital governance.org Initiative
www.earthcouncil.org - multistakeholder paths to peace
www.devalt.org - Universal center for good governance

lisa - i'll write off list in response to your email

tracey - thanks for additional references re Civicus etc..

karen