[WSIS CS-Plenary] Wireless @ Kram Centre - will we have to pay...again..?

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Thu Nov 3 16:58:26 GMT 2005

BRING ANY BASE STATIONS THAT YOU HAVE!!

I wish to again raise the issue about Wireless at the Kram Centre. To-date
neither the WSIS ES or the Tunisian organizers have confirmed that
wireless will be free.

I would like to put forward the position that CS should plan for  a worst
case scenario. That being, that Wifi will exist and be as expensive as was
the case in Geneva/WSIS I.

We might be able to complain all we want, but that won't help things.
Consequently, i would like to propose that CS do what it knows what to do
best - to be creative and deploy it's own wireless network. The CS Bureau
office has a free internet connection, and it could be used as the point
where the CS free & independant wifi network connects to the internet.

As for next steps - an adhoc tech planning committee should be created to
help manage this. Anyone interested, please contact me privately

regards

Robert