[WSIS CS-Plenary] "Past, Present and Future of Research in the Information Society"

Wesley Shrum shrum at lsu.edu
Sat Nov 5 18:30:48 GMT 2005

Greetings from Louisiana:

In spite of our two hurricanes and their associated difficulties, I am happy
to report that we have finalized a full and informative programme for the
side event on science & technology at the Corinthia Khamsa hotel (13-15 Nov,
2005),  "Past, Present and Future of Research in the Information Society."
http://worldsci.net <http://worldsci.net/>

(Sorry that our event occurs at the same time as the continuation of the
PrepCom but we scheduled this during the Geneva phase of WSIS.)

I would also like to invite you to visit the exhibition (booth 1111) for the
World Science Project, featuring the results of projects on the relationship
between new ICTs and research communication.

It is impossible to convey the fullness of our gratitude for your
expressions of support.  We have seen so many expressions of heroism and
generosity, Our difficulties have made us very grateful to everyone,
everywhere who has helped and prayed for us.

Hope to see you in Tunis!

Wesley Shrum

Secretary, Society for Social Studies of Science http://4sonline.org
<http://4sonline.org/>

Coordinator, "Past, Present and Future of Research in the Information
Society." http://worldsci.net <http://worldsci.net/>