[WSIS CS-Plenary] FWD: speakers + CSB meeting on Sunday (transparency)

magaly mpazello at oi.com.br
Fri Nov 11 13:44:15 GMT 2005

Dear Renate,

I. Speakers resumed procom3: as I informed before the Gender Caucus
want to speak in the very first day of the resumed prepcom3. The
reason is very simple:

all the paragraphs on gender and women's empowerment under the
subcommittee B are in braquets! The Russian Federation in the very
last minute of the intersessional required to put in brackets a
paragraph on gender divide that was agreed in the prepcom3.

Then, for us is absolutly important to speak and stand for the gender
perspective.

II. Overpasses
I don't understanding why we need overpasses for the prepcom3. If it
is required the CSB needs to request it asap.

III. CSB meeting on Sunday morning
Renate, please send the agenda of this meeting ASAP.  How can we have
a meeting if we do not have an agenda. I and others have asked
repeadily for the agenda points. Right now, with no agenda - there
seems no need to have a meeting. If there is a need to have a
meeting, then there are issues that you and or others think need to
be raised. Please share that information with us. I would like to be
prepared and make sure that i can consult with my caucus.

There's also the issue of transparency and quorum. The CSB needs to
be open and transparent with CS as a whole. If there are meetings of
the CSB, especially at the summit that information needs to be
shared. CSB meetings can not be seen as been a club where only a
certain subset of people take decisions for all of CS as a whole.
Important or "emergency" resolutions and actions need to be approved
by as large a number of CSB members. We need a quorum. if we do not
have one, we will be seen as taking actions based on only the views
of the tunisian members of the CSB.

This summit is too important for the CSB to be seen or percieved to
be controlled and captured. The CSB members need to be informed and
be present at meetings. Thus, please - send an agenda

Magaly

Renate Bloem wrote:

 >Magaly, Robert et al
 >
 >1.	We need to have a process to identify speakers to maximise the time
 >slots, 15min per day, not per session. We have to give in the names as
 >previously in PrepCom one hour before the meeting. The IG Caucus is of
 >course well equipped, but there might be other caucuses who want to
 >contribute. The Follow up Caucus has not been so active. We have to
have
 >speaker names before noon on Sunday. Speakers should only speak on
 >outstanding issues (brackets),unless supported by many governments for
 >opening up agreed language.
 >
 >2.	Since for the moment there are no overpasses for PrepCom we need to
 >have at least a process if there is too much folks to push in.
 >
 >3.	Robert, how did you come to think after all the information we sent
 >out that civil society space (pavillon) could be anywhere else then
in Kram?
 >We negotiated hard to have this space for CS, CSB, Caucuses etc.
And there
 >is a process to book these (not to big )rooms (via Alejandra)
 >
 >4.	Philippe will still try to explore whether we might access Kram on
 >Sunday morning so we could have an evtl meeting between 10-11 am,
but not
 >sure. Sunday night will be very late, as some people are also in
Hammamet.

 >Consider also: Not all people are constantly on line.
 >
 >Best
 >Renata
 >

 >Renate Bloem
 >President of the Conference of NGOs (CONGO)
 >11, Avenue de la Paix
 >CH-1202 Geneva
 >Tel: +41 22 301 1000
 >Fax: +41 22 301 2000
 >E-mail: rbloem at ngocongo.org
 >Website: www.ngocongo.org
 >

 >The Conference of NGOs (CONGO) is an international, membership
association
 >that facilitates the participation of NGOs in United Nations
debates and
 >decisions. Founded in 1948, CONGO's major objective is to ensure the
 >presence of NGOs in exchanges among the world's governments and United
 >Nations agencies on issues of global concern.  For more information
see our
 >website at www.ngocongo.org

De la part