[WSIS CS-Plenary] Pictures & status at the KRAM

Dr. Francis MUGUET muguet at mdpi.org
Sat Nov 12 23:32:17 GMT 2005

Hello again

Please find here some pictures I took
today, mostly of the CS space at the KRAM

http://www.tunis.tv/pict-12nov05.html
( rather heavy download,
  did no have to reduce size )

Concerning the network, the situation is the following :

The WIFI is free ( attached wifi scan ), is OK
for browsing but slow for file transfer.
The WIFI is now unfiltered.

The wire network in the CS office is filtered
( only http and ssh available ) because
of a cabling error that took me a very long
time to figure out and mostly to find the right interlocutor.
Currently our wire network is a subnetwork of ITU !.
We should be connected to the "public" unfiltered network
tomorrow.
Concerning routable IP, ITU was ready to provide
us with five routable IPs of their network, to specific RJ45 plugs
after long negotiations ( they wanted to give us only two !).
However, at the last minute, they changed their mind and
would try to find 5 routable IPs in another way tomorrow.

Until one has to work on projects on remote machines
  through the wire network,
then to switch to the wifi to send/receive mails.!!!

Two copier machines have arrived, but no printers.
The goods news are two large flat screens.
One is for internal traffic.
One is for video conferencing and I have
reserved a routable IP for it.

Best regards

Francis

-