[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [governance] FW: [IP] Are "Split Roots" the Future of the Internet?

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Sun Nov 13 11:50:12 GMT 2005

Gurstein, Michael ha scritto:
> It would be interesting (and perhaps useful to WSIS delegates heading
> to Tunis) to get IPers' reaction to today's Wall Street Journal
> editorial board recommendation ("Breaking Up Is Hard to Do") that the
> least worst solution to the dispute about the future "control of the
> Internet" is to allow national root servers ("split root").  Excerpts
> from the article:

Actually, I'm the author of a brief dissertation on ways for a
non-disruptive root server split, that was intended to be a personal
contribution for PrepCom-3, but it was not accepted (as I, as
individual, am not an accredited entity...) and ended up as a chapter in
the WGIG Book (http://www.wgig.org/book-Launch.html).
If you're here in Tunis, there will be a chance to discuss it at the
WGIG Book presentation on the 16th at 11:00.