[WSIS CS-Plenary] What's happening?

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Wed Nov 16 18:16:14 GMT 2005

Hello,

while I understand the extremely peculiar situation we live in... I
think that there should be some more circulation of information among
civil society people here - even if not through the plenary list, when
appropriate.

Today the Swiss President speech was apparently censored by the Tunisian
TV, as well as Ms. Ebadi's one. Her press conference was subsequently
cancelled and no one here knows why. Civil society connectivity from our
offices apparently started to misfunction. No one knows what's happening
with the Citizens' Summit, many of us don't even know where to go if
they want to attend it.

We want to be helpful, and at the same time we think we should be
informed of what goes on about such crucial human rights issues, that go
well beyond specific parts of the Information Society agenda, and should
affect also our behaviour in the work of all caucuses at this Summit.
Please let's find a way to exploit all the resources that civil society has.

Thanks,