[WSIS CS-Plenary] What's happening?

mclauglm at po.muohio.edu mclauglm at po.muohio.edu
Wed Nov 16 19:10:42 GMT 2005

Good question. Thanks, Vittorio. I've been sitting here in Ohio,
wondering if all members of CS in Tunis have fallen off the face of
the earth today. I have access to official docs and the like. But, it
would be great if there could be more information circulated as to
what's going on with CS in respect to work as opposed to events that
are being put on. Curious minds want to know.

Regards,

Lisa

>[Please note that by using 'REPLY', your response goes to the entire
>list. Kindly use individual addresses for responses intended for
>specific people]
>
>Click http://wsis.funredes.org/plenary/ to access automatic
>translation of this message!
>_______________________________________
>
>Hello,
>
>while I understand the extremely peculiar situation we live in... I
>think that there should be some more circulation of information
>among civil society people here - even if not through the plenary
>list, when appropriate.
>
>Today the Swiss President speech was apparently censored by the
>Tunisian TV, as well as Ms. Ebadi's one. Her press conference was
>subsequently cancelled and no one here knows why. Civil society
>connectivity from our offices apparently started to misfunction. No
>one knows what's happening with the Citizens' Summit, many of us
>don't even know where to go if they want to attend it.
>
>We want to be helpful, and at the same time we think we should be
>informed of what goes on about such crucial human rights issues,
>that go well beyond specific parts of the Information Society
>agenda, and should affect also our behaviour in the work of all
>caucuses at this Summit. Please let's find a way to exploit all the
>resources that civil society has.
>
>Thanks,
>--
>vb.             [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
>http://bertola.eu.org/  <- Prima o poi...

Lisa McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Mass Communication & Women's Studies
Editor, Feminist Media Studies
Director of Graduate Studies, M.A. Program in Mass Communication
Union for Democratic Communications Representative,
World Summit on the Information Society

Mass Communication
Williams Hall
Miami University-Ohio