[WSIS CS-Plenary] CS WSIS statement - feedback needed by 22:00 through caucuses

richard jordan richardjordan at lycos.com
Sun Nov 20 19:36:07 GMT 2005

Hi, Renate, Just some clarifications NOT of personal input, if useful, use in whatever way, if not, also fine.

The first paragraph may be overly long and could be split into two, but there is one factual point that is left out: At the end of para 1 of page 1, following the sentence beginning "Despite the undeniable impact..." -- it is true that: "The innovative work of the CSD/NGO Steering Committee, gender-balanced and regionally balalnced, introduced the concept of going beyond the nine major groups of Agenda 21 and served as the forerunner of the multi-stakeholder process that was developed through the Johannesburg process."

Additionally, "Following the African Regional Preparatory meeting held shortly before Prep Com I of the first segment of the Summit, a Bureau composed of government, civil society and private sector representatives was established and served as an example of a new type of working relationship among these three sectors." Olivier would be able to verify this, and I would suggest that this language be added BEFORE para 3 of page 1.

If these are not to the point, just ignore them, but I think that these suggestions may be helpful. just my opinion.

Best regards, Richard Jordan