[WSIS CS-Plenary] CS Declaration: next steps

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 30 17:11:42 GMT 2005

Elizabeth Carll, PhD wrote:
> It is important to have input from as many as possible.
Many many caucuses were able to submit input and revew within a few days -
we got the first draft together in two and a half days in Tunis!

 > However, it is
 > also important that the Declaration/Statement be timely.
Exactly. If it is too late after the summit, nobody will be interested
anymore.

> However, the first week in January would be very good
This would be 6 weeks after the summit. Come on. We are used to a bit more
speed, I think.

I know that the CONGO people would love to have it finished by 7th
December for their WSIS briefing event in Geneva, which is still more than
a week to go.

Let's try to not be too slow, ok? I have already had comprehensive
consultations with various caucuses and individuals in the last 24 hours...

Ralf <- about to send the next version